The Forest Grove Veterinary Clinic was opened by Dr. Liane Bitinsky and Dr. Wanda Burbridge in October 2000, to fill a need for veterinary services in the rapidly expanding North East corner of Saskatoon. We are a full service veterinary practice for companion animals (dogs and cats). Our small staff allows us to foster a close relationship with our clients and patients.
Since 2000, Forest Grove Veterinary Clinic has grown from the original group of 4 part-time employees to 9 dedicated staff members. Although some of the faces may have changed, our commitment to compassionate and high quality care has always remained constant. We believe in individualized care and spending the time to get to know you and your pet.
Please browse through our website and be sure to contact us if you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
We are currently accepting new patients. We look forward to your visit!
UPDATE MARCH 27th 2020
Good morning Forest Grove Family! We have some additional updates for you this morning regarding our policies put in place to keep our clients and team members as safe as they can be during this pandemic! Some of these are reminders, some of them are slight modifications of already existing policy but please do read them all so that you are informed should you have to visit the clinic.
1. We are moving as many appointments as we possibly can to telemedicine appointments. You will NOT be able to walk up to the door and request an appointment. Should your pet require medical care you must call 306-955-6111. You will be triaged by one of the technicians to determine the urgency of your appointment and then you will be booked a time that a veterinarian will call you to conduct a telemedicine consult. The charge for this consult is the same as our regular office visit fee, and after you consult with the veterinarian you will be transferred to reception for payment by credit card over the phone.
2. If after your phone consultation it is decided that further diagnostics are needed or your veterinarian needs to have a hands on physical exam, arrangements will be made for you to drop your pet off with us. You will NOT be able to accompany your pet into the clinic. We understand that this is not ideal, and promise that in your absence we love your pets and treat them with as much care as if you were here with them, maybe even a little bit more because we know that this is weird for them too!
3. We are moving strictly to a no face to face contact system of transactions for all food and supply pick-up. This means that you must call ahead so that the staff can get your order ready, and pay for it over the phone by credit card. When you arrive to the clinic, pull up along the sidewalk, call 306-955-6111 and STAY IN YOUR CAR! Our staff will bring your products out to the sidewalk in a bin that has been thoroughly disinfected and set the bin down for you. Once our staff is back inside the building you can exit your car and collect your items, leaving the bin on the sidewalk. Once you are back in you car, our staff will collect the bin and thoroughly disinfect it to be ready for the next client. We appreciated your cooperation in keeping our community safe and healthy!
4. Our hours of operation will be changing. Until further notice our hours are
5. Preferred form of payment at this time is by credit card over the phone. We are NOT accepting cash as a form of payment at this time.
6. We continue to operate on an essential services model, so we will not be doing elective procedures and non-urgent care at this time. If you are unsure whether what your pet requires falls under the essential services category, please call us at 306-955-6111.
UPDATE MARCH 23rd 2020
Good morning Forest Grove Family! We hope you are all healthy and coping well during this trying time. We are implementing some new measures today, March 23rd. These measures are being implemented to keep our clients and staff as safe as possible, to minimize the spread of COVID-19, and to help conserve the dwindling supplies of personal protective equipment.
There are two new changes going into effect today:
We will temporarily be suspending all elective surgical procedures and non-urgent care appointments. If you have an appointment booked for these services in the next two weeks, we will be in touch to reschedule these visits.
We are also making the move to ‘tele-medicine’ appointments for those pets requiring urgent care. We ask that upon arrival to the clinic that you call 306-955-6111 to let us know that you are here. Our doctors will then contact you via telephone to take a general history of the problem. Our staff will admit your pet for examination (while you wait in the car). The doctor will then contact you again with their assessment and recommendations. This is the veterinary version of ‘drive through’! Of course, if it is more convenient, or a healthy friend will instead be taxi-ing your pet, arrangements for the drop-off and temporary hospitalization of your pet can be made. At this time, the charge for temporarily hospitalizing your pet will be waived.
Other policy changes and increased hygiene procedures for dealing with COVID-19 will remain in effect. The clinic’s supply chains for food and medication continue to be maintained. If you are needing to pick-up food or medication, please feel free to be in touch and we can be pro-active in filling those orders.
As the door to the clinic will remain locked, when you arrive at the clinic to pick up products, please wait in your vehicle and call 306-955-6111 to let us know that you are here. Our staff will put together what you need, get an invoice ready and call you back to meet you at the door so you can pay for and pick up your products. You are encouraged to pay by credit card over the phone as this will help the process to move along a little more smoothly.
It is also important to note at this time that we will NOT be accepting cash as a form of payment.
At this time, our hours of operation remain the same:
Thank-you for your support and understanding during this difficult crisis. Working together we can slow down the spread of this virus and lessen the impact on our hard-working doctors and nurses.
The Forest Grove Veterinary Team
UPDATE MARCH 19TH 2020
In order to address the rising number of clients that we have coming into the clinic for various reasons we have added an additional measure of safeguard in order to maintain appropriate social distancing and help to ensure the safety of all of our clients, and our staff. Effective immediately the doors to the Forest Grove Veterinary Clinic will be LOCKED. We are still open for business and are happy to help you get food, supplies, medicines and see your pets but it will require a little bit of extra participation on your part. When you arrive to the clinic, you are welcome to stay in your vehicle, call the clinic at 306-955-6111 and you will be directed from that point.
If you are coming in for an appointment, one of our staff will come to the door and escort into an exam room where you can see the veterinarian.
If you are coming to purchase food or pick up supplies, we will take your order, get your product ready and call you back with directions for payment and pickup. You are welcome to either pay by credit card over the phone and we will meet you at the door with your products, or you can wait until there is no one in the waiting area and we will let you in to pay by debit. Please note at this time that we are NOT accepting cash as a form of payment.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
The Forest Grove Veterinary Team
March 17th 2020
We at the Forest Grove Veterinary Clinic wish to reach out to you at this time to provide you with information on how we are working to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The health and safety of our staff, clients and their pets are of the utmost importance to us. We are monitoring the situation and working to continue to provide service in the safest way possible.
We are taking steps to reduce the number of people physically in the clinic at any given time. This measure includes limiting the amount of staff working each day.
Increased cleaning and disinfecting procedures have been implemented especially at common touch points like door handles, point of sale machines, and front counters. Exam rooms continue to be cleaned and disinfected in between each patient.
If you are ill or in self-isolation, please consider rescheduling any non-emergent appointments.
Clients calling about appointments will be asked the following self-assessment questions:
1. Do you currently have a fever, chills, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath?
2. Have you been in contact with a confirmed or probable case of Covid-19?
3. Have you had contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
4. Have you returned from outside of Canada since March 12, 2020?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions and your pet is in need of veterinary attention, ask a friend or neighbor to taxi the pet to the clinic. In this scenario, communication with you, the owner, can be provided via telephone.
If you are in need of a prescription refill or pet food, please do not hesitate to call the clinic. We are happy to check our shelves and put aside what you need or add it specifically to our order.
A good news aspect of Covid-19 is that infectious disease experts and multiple international and domestic human and animal health organizations agree there is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets become ill with COVID-19 or that they spread it to other animals, including people.
We will continue to update our clients as this situation continues to evolve.
For now, take care and good health to you all.
The Forest Grove Veterinary Clinic Team
The Forest Grove Veterinary Clinic
Nurturing the bond between people and their pets through client education; friendly, welcoming service; and dedicated veterinary medical care.
Dr. Liane Bitinsky, Dr. Sue Tedesco, Dr. Leah Frei, Dr. Mandy Gudelot and the
Forest Grove Veterinary Clinic staff welcome you!
|Saskatoon Veterinarian | Animal Hospital Saskatoon|
Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM